December 1, 2011

SEDIY

Someone Else Do It Yourself 
(aka the reason I don't have a Pintrest account)


     Due to the holidays approaching, lots of free time, and a small budget, I have been literally addicted to DIY projects. At least 4 or 5 times a week I will inevitably wander onto the website StumbleUpon.com and look at crafty, cute, inexpensive projects that I "can do myself". I used to have like 12 categories check-marked on that site, but one bold day I unchecked all of them except Crafts and Design.. and I haven't turned back. I have never been able to comprehend the extreme vastness of the internet until this recent addiction. 4 times a week, probably 20-50 pages a sitting, for at least the last 3 months.. and I still haven't been to the same DIY site two times. I have 82 pages marked under "favorites". It's honestly getting to be a problem. 


 List of current, incomplete projects:
- Really cool 3D glittery snowflakes
- Refurnishing/painting 2 old end tables that I bought on Craigslist
- Felt 3D Christmas-ornament-hangy things
- A piece of framed glass with snowflakes and "Merry Christmas" etched into it 
- Glitter flats
- Flats with a scarf bow
- Exchanging the buttons on an old sweater for new, fun ones ( since it was missing a button)
-  A book clock thing
- A project with 9 small canvases and a quote and modge podge.
- a Christmas present for my mom that cannot be disclosed on here!


List of completed projects:
.
..
...
....
.....
- 1. Little, tiny, ONE. ( It was a melted crayon on canvas project and it only took me $4 and 30 minutes. booya) 


But seriously, ONE?


     I just can't keep up! I have so many Christmas gift ideas and only one female in my family to gift them to! I have never been more bummed out that I didn't have a sister. Glitter, glue, and an old lampshade just doesn't cut it as a "boy gift"...sigh. Well, mom, I've got you covered for Christmas, your birthday, Valentines day, mothers day, your anniversary, and any other excuse I can come up with to give you a gift for the next decade.


     Because I have finally admitted to myself that I honestly can't keep up with this rate of discovering DIY projects and trying to complete them, I give them to you. Here is a list of a few of my recent finds:


Handmade Modern Ornament Cards



Mason Jar Soap Dispenser



Scrapbook Paper iPhone Covers
(I don't even have an iPhone!)



Wrap Bracelet



Ikea/plain Rug Makeover



Tissue Rosette Balls



A Chalkboard Vase
 ( Why on earth someone came up with this.. I have no idea)


I can't get enough of these crafts. They are so addicting and enticing and make me wish I never had to work another day again! The only way to harness my growing obsession is to look at the path I am on and realize that if I don't get a grip, my home someday will be so kitschy and crafty and glue-sticky and grandma-ish (no offense, grandma) that I won't be able to able to buy something "complete" from another store again. 


So please, please someone else.. do these yourself! 

3 comments:

  1. I'll take an ornament card to go with a wrapped video game.

    Also, you made a non-glittery 3D snowflake that is AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got yourself a deal there, mister! And thanks for the compliment on my 3 foot snowflake haha That's what happens when you don't follow directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one VERY BLESSED Mom. I treasure all of your "personally made" gifts! Proudly wearing the blue/purple rosette pin you made me a couple of weeks ago:) p.s. I will pretend to forget what I asked you to make for Christmas...hohoho*

    ReplyDelete