May 17, 2011

Why the title? And other things I adore



Why the title of this blog? It makes no sense, right? 
Well then you obviously haven't read this book:


My FAVORITE book.
Sorry Nicholas Sparks, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, and all you other big time authors.
Sandol Stoddard Warbug wrote the best one of all.

And the title of this blog is straight out of its tiny pages:
"On the fourth of July, I like you because it's the fourth of July.... On the fifth of July, I like you too."
Said by a little boy to his best pal. And it takes the cake for the title because I know exactly how he feels. 
It's a strange little book with words that are funny to say out loud, but it's my fav. And if you are ever in Aunties, you should look for it and buy it. Promise it will make you smile. Works like a charm every time for me!

On another note:
I have been doing a LOT of browsing for apartments, furniture, fun ways to decorate my eventual new apartment, and clothes. And I have found some great gems. And been reminded of some lovely things I already have in my life!  So at 11:45 on a monday morning, here are some things I ADORE.

my old house on this beach:

totally necessary circus animal waffle maker:

These shoes:
This family:


and this family: 

These storage boxes are made for me:

And I would kill for this bed:


Anyways. This is my blog and I'm gonna do whatever I want with it! No agenda, no subject, just day-to-day things I like and thoughts I have about the world around me. Because what else does one do when they graduate? ;)

(speaking of which, YIPPEE!!)
















1 comment:

  1. Love it! Addison however is a little bummed out. Oh well, that kid can suck it up.

    Keep em coming babe.

    -Your bf that isn't named Chord Overstreet

    ReplyDelete