May 17, 2011

Gleek.

Before you start with me, I can do what I want! It's my blog. If I want to post twice the same day I even start my blog, I can :) 
And this post is a minor emergency.
During my lunch break, I was reminded that next week is the finale of my favorite show:


I actually want to cry a little.
Last (school) year, I owned a tv and probably turned it on a total of 9 times the entire course of the year. I've just never really been a tv person. My family doesn't watch much tv unless Notre Dame is playing or the Masters are on, so I just never got into any shows. 
Apparently, I was never really aware of what I was missing out on. 

First things first: I like real life a lot better than watching television.
Real life, however, just isn't as good as living vicariously through high school glee club.
It really isn't. You actually can't convince me of that.

It all started one night when I was hunkered down in my cave of a room and couldn't sleep (because i wasn't really trying) so i decided to try to "get sleepy" by seeing what shows were on Hulu. Unfortunately (for my sleep that night) and fortunately (for my life) one of the top shows that week was an episode of Glee. 
Now, I had heard of this show and knew some self-proclaimed "gleeks", but that was about it. So I decided to see what the madness around this show was all about.
Little did I know that this would be life changing (barely a hint of sarcasm).

It would seriously take me until the end of work (and not just because I am a slow typer) to make a post explaining all the reasons this show is awesome. But here are my top 5:

1) Sam Evans. Because he is sort of perfect.


2) The seriously cool songs/mashups every episode and breathtaking voice of Rachel Berry. Don't believe me? Watch this and honestly tell me it isn't awesome. ( I still won't believe you). 



3) Finn/Quinn/Rachel love triangle is better than any love triangle in any show ever. Because I sort of hate but mostly love all 3 of them and I just can't decide who he should be with. It DOES matter. 

4) Sue Sylvester has spot-on humor. And lets face it, USUALLY girls just aren't that funny. But in this case, she wins. Every time. 



5) All the actors/actresses are the ones actually singing the songs! Uh-mazing. And their songs make for an amazing playlist while working out.


In all seriousness, this show makes my Tuesdays so happy. And it makes my Wednesdays suck. Do yourself a favor and watch it tonight. Sure it might be "predictable' and have what you might think is a lame-o plot line (it's not though), but from another self-proclaimed gleek to you, it's worth a watch ( or a night of no sleep because you just miiiiight not be able to stop watching every episode available on Hulu) 
I love finally "having a show" and the fact that it's the best one ever.  

If this post finds you thinking I am a weirdo, or perhaps "loser", I don't care and I leave you with a final song:



( creeper final words: If you have a Twitter, follow the cast too. They're pretty awesome in real life)













No comments:

Post a Comment