October 1, 2012

my J-O-B





I was lucky enough to be offered my first step into a company I am so excited to work for! This week marks my second week working for Anthropologie. I just finished training and will be working my magic on the sales floor for a while, through holiday and all that jazz. While mastering the art of selling women beautiful merchandise, I will be able to get my feet wet in the Visual Display department, which is ultimately where I am aiming to spend most of my time and use my talents in one of the most beautiful retail environments I have seen. It feels like such a blessing that I was offered this job, considering Anthropologie was an early inspiration for my senior project in school a few years ago. 


I love the prospect of creating beautiful spaces in which people are in awe of their environment and it enhances the purpose of the space, rather than just being accommodating. This opportunity to work for a company that values such an experience is so exciting for me! I plan on posting photos of the displays I am working on as soon as I get a chance. Until then, I am going to embrace October and all the fun clothes I can buy with my employee discount ;) 


Some samples of Anthropologie displays for those of you unfamiliar with the store 
(I'm talking to you, dad):












No comments:

Post a Comment